Are you opening a new business, expanding at your current location, relocating, or celebrating a milestone anniversary? The Stilly Valley Chamber of Commerce is here to help you celebrate! A Ribbon Cutting ceremony is an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan and is a great way to kick off a grand opening or relocation of a business. Our team is here to help you plan a successful event.
- All ribbon cutting applications must be received 2 weeks prior to the date of the event for marketing purposes.
- All cancellations must be received no later than 1 week prior to the event.
- You must be a member in good standing.
WHAT DOES THE CHAMBER DO FOR MY RIBBON CUTTING?
- The Chamber will list your ribbon cutting on our events calendar.
- We will send out an e-mail blast to our membership, including Ambassadors and Board of Directors.
- The Chamber will send a personal invitation to our local elected officials and news media. Please note: we cannot guarantee attendance.
- For public events- we will create an event on our Facebook page, with your organization listed as a host (unless otherwise needed).
- The Chamber will provide specialty scissors and ribbon for use during the ceremony.
- We will take photos of the event to be shared on our social media and website.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO FOR MY RIBBON CUTTING?
- Complete the online Ribbon Cutting Application.
- We will contact you to confirm your date, time and event details.
- Decide if your event is private (by invitation only) or open to the public.
- Write up a press release for the event. We can help you with this step if needed.
- Prepare a short agenda, including speakers and VIP’s who will be attending.
- Order refreshments, decorations and door prizes (if needed).
- We encourage you to invite friends, family, colleagues, etc. to celebrate with you!
If you have any questions or need further assistance please contact the Chamber at email@example.com