The Stilly Valley Chamber is hiring a Membership Development Coordinator. This commission-based position works with current and potential members to maximize their chamber benefits, develop new business partnerships and encourage community involvement. Hours are flexible, with the ability to work remotely as needed. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Prospect and sell new Chamber memberships to local businesses and organizations
• Actively renew memberships
• Responsible for coordinating with our Ambassadors Committee regularly
• Promptly and effectively respond to prospects inquiring about membership in the Chamber
• Sale of other commissionable products, such as sponsorships and co-working spaces
• Attend relevant Chamber functions and other functions and meetings specifically requested by the President/ED for the purpose of networking and recruiting.
Experience and skills required:
• Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, possess excellent time management skills, and comfortable dealing with a broad spectrum of business industries and people
• Able to succeed with little supervision
• Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills, organizational skills
• Valid driver’s license and transportation
• Previous sales experience and knowledge of the community is a plus